Superman Homepage » Television » Smallville
 Print Thread
what was the first episode of smallville you watched
JR1989
Which smallville episode was the first you watched?
(Most of you will probably say the pilot)

The first episode of smallville I watched was Craving (s1 ep7) starring Amy adams.
i missed the first 6 episodes (i had to wait until the season 1 dvd came out to watch them)

Edited by JR1989 on 10/06/2011 20:44

"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

AKalel
actually i have a sorta related question most people said the thing they disliked most about the show in the early years was the freak of the week. now i am curious if you are one of those did u watch the entire first season or did u only tune in when the plot for that weeks episode sounded interesting.

JR1989

>AKalel wrote:

actually i have a sorta related question most people said the thing they disliked most about the show in the early years was the freak of the week. now i am curious if you are one of those did u watch the entire first season or did u only tune in when the plot for that weeks episode sounded interesting.

I missed the first 6 episodes of smallville, but i didn't miss another episode of smallville.
"You will give the people of earth an Ideal to strive towards, they'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall but in time they will join you in the sun, in time you will help them accomplish wonders"

a young tony curtis
From the start,the pilot episode,recorded them all religiously on vhs,thats tape cassettes to all you whippersnappers out there. (and did the same for Lois and Clark)
Freak of the week didn't bother me too much in season 1,I was just happy to have a new Superman related show on tv that was good. Loved the cast,effects etc, and dont say that the first time we saw some good super speed effects or powers used in Smallville we didn't all love it! (remember the first few seasons,ten years ago, before we all started saying "meh" to everything)
Dont care what the haters say,or the over reviewers,nit picking every little thing as though it's an epic Oscar winning movie being reviewed,it was a good tv show,and without Smallville Superman would have been even more off the radar to the mainstream.
ok, rant over, come on guys,go home now...move along.........there's nothing to see here

Edited by a young tony curtis on 16/06/2011 09:05

robert morrison
season 3 episode 1 exile
"People are afraid of what they don't understand" - Jonathan Kent
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/RobzHere/pakent_zpsd2408dda.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

The Flying Fool
I believe it's in Season 8, but the episode featuring the first appearance of the Legion.

So yeah, very, very, late-comer. For years, I've chided the show to some degree, partly because of that early Freak-of-the-Week format. I felt it didn't fit the traditional view of Smallville.

But I love the Legion, Geoff Johns wrote it, so I figured why not? Watch it & see.

Turns out, I was wrong. I enjoyed it. So kept on watching. Yes, I think the show is delightfully cheesy in some aspects (but in a good way) but it also contains some very good, dramatic, emotional moments.

So I'm currently catching up on Season 10.

Michael Corleone
The Pilot, and have watched every show since. I think I only missed 2 when they first aired, but caught up with them when I got the DVD. Because Smallville Season 1 came on at the same time as 24 Season 1, I didn't even watch 24 until it came out on DVD, and then when it continued to be on at the same time as Smallville in their second seasons, Smallville was what I watched live while 24 was taped.

Now I just miss both shows... It's just not the same without Clark Kent and Jack Bauer saving the world on a weekly basis... Smile

Michael Corleone
Dont care what the haters say,or the over reviewers,nit picking every little thing as though it's an epic Oscar winning movie being reviewed,it was a good tv show,and without Smallville Superman would have been even more off the radar to the mainstream.
ok, rant over, come on guys,go home now...move along.........there's nothing to see here

Amen!! Preach it, bro! Smile

Rust
I watched it from the pilot. I never thought much about it, but when I saw it I was hooked haha, It was a time when I had not much going on in my life and sometimes I even watched 10 episodes a day. Like I said, really hooked Pfft

sbeamish
Watched it from the pilot.

I always hated the "Freak of the Week" gimmick. To me the silver lining to the tragic destruction of Krypton was that it sent Earth its greatest hero. But in the SMALLVILLE reality it was a wash. Krypton sent plagues to Earth: kryptonite infected freaks and Phantom Zoners. It looked like the great hero from Krypton was destined to spend his entire life cleaning up all of the messes that fell here from his homeworld. Not much time left to fix the problems that Earth would have had to deal with if Krypton had never exploded.

It was a kind of funny allegory, though. Comic book villains only exist because heroes need someone to fight. So, in a sense, all comic book villains and tribulations (like all comic book heroes) exist only because Clark exists. They all come from him and his origin.

superstu
First one I ever saw was the one where the high school basketball coach can control fire.

Smallville-Fanatic-1
the pilot episode. and then every episode since in order

Guardian
The pilot was the first episode I saw but I didn't become a fan of the show until "Relic" (All it took was Christopher Reeve!)

Superman_or_man
I started from the pilot and never missed an episode. Always made sure I was free to watch them.

Jump to Forum: