Superman Trading Card Checklist
[Last updated April 10, 2013]
This is a partial listing of American trading card sets featuring Superman. As with comics most of the card sets recently published generally should be purchased for enjoyment, not investment. Dealers often sell the inserts (e.g. skydiscs, holograms, promotional) separately and these are more collectable than the ordinary cards. The listing format gives the number of common cards in a set followed by a list of the various bonus inserts for the set.
For newsgroup trading of superhero trading cards try rec.collecting.cards.non-sports. For discussing general cards use rec.collecting.cards.discuss.
This listing is for informational purposes only. It is not a Want List. It is not a For Sale List.
Trading Card Sets
- Superman: The Legend (Cryptozoic)
Collect your favorite citizens of Metropolis with the trading card set dedicated to the Man of Steel, Superman! Written by comic book writer Adam Beechen, the cards will provide insight from an insider's perspective. Superman has appeared in many forms and costumes, and one of the chase sets will take a look at some of the fan favorites. Sketch cards will be included in every 24 packs, so be on the lookout for your chance to collect an original piece of art based on one of the greatest Super Heroes of all time!
Packs: 5 Cards per pack, 24 packs per box
Base Set: 63 cards featuring all-new original art of characters from the Superman universe
Chase Sets: Alternate Reality foil set (2:24), Secret Origins Puzzle (2:24), the Woman of the Superman Universe (2:24), and X-Ray Vision Cards (1:24)
Inserts: Sketch cards (1:24 packs), Printing Plate Cards (1:576), and Foil Parallel Cards (1:8)
Redemptions: Oversized (4" x 6") Sketch cards
Binder:†The limited edition binder contains an exclusive foil promotional card.†The Diamond Previews exclusive binder contains†reprints of 9 exclusive sketch cards, the originals are randomly inserted into the binders.
- Smallville Seasons 7-10 (Cryptozoic)
This much-anticipated release features an 85-card base set along with randomly inserted cast autographs and wardrobe memorabilia, including pieces of Clark Kent's red leather jacket and the Blur's black trench coat. The Smallville Seasons 7-10 Trading Card set also offers randomly inserted autograph cards bearing the signature of Callum Blue (Zod), Sam Witwer (Davis Bloome), John Glover (Lionel Luthor), and more.
Packs: 5 cards per pack; 24 packs per box
Base Set: 85
Chase Sets: Clark & Lois and Behind The Scenes
Inserts: Autograph and Wardrobe cards
Confirmed Autographs: Cassidy Freeman, Callum Blue, Eric Johnson, John Glover, Sam Witwer, Margot Kidder, Aaron Ashmore, Laura Vandervoort, Dean Cain, John Schneider, James Marsters, Tori Spelling, Justin Hartley, Terence Stamp
Redemption Cards: R1-R25 - Oversized card (4"x6") containing a piece of Clark Kent's red leather jacket and blue t-shirt.
Promotional Cards: P1 Non-Sport Update Magazine April/May 2012, P2 Distributor Card May 2012, P3 Philly Non-Sports Card Show April 2012.
- Justice League of America Archives (Rittenhouse Archives)
Rittenhouse Archives presents Justice League of America Archives Trading Cards, the first-ever trading card set to feature the JLA, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and more! The 72-card set features full-color art on the fronts and classic comic covers on the back. Bonus chase cards include an 18-card Superfriends cartoon bonus set, as well as 1 Hand Drawn Color Sketch Card per box! Look for sketch cards from Warren Martineck, Andy Price, Pat Broderick, Kate Bradley, Mark Spears, Tone Rodriguez, and dozens more! Collectors will be looking to store their set in a custom-designed album, with 9-pocket pages and a bonus promo card. 5 cards per pack, 24 packs per box.
- Smallville: Season Six (Inworks)
Released in February 2008, the set captures the action-packed story of Clark Kent as he becomes more comfortable with his strength and abilities. The 90-card set includes episodic coverage and new subsets like "Around the Planet," "Faces of Justice," and much more! In addition to the base set, collectors can find several levels of randomly inserted bonus cards including:
- AUTOGRAPH CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Nine different cards signed by actors who appeared in Smallville: Season Six. (9 cards - inserted approximately 1:36 packs) - Justin Hartley - Green Arrow, Aaron Ashmore - Jimmy Olsen, Tori Spelling - Linda Lake, Lucas Grabeel - Young Lex, Greyston Holt - Tobias, John Novak - Jed McNally, Amber McDonald - Gloria, Tyler Posey - Javier, Tahmoh Penikett - Wes Keenan
- PIECEWORKS CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Eleven different cards featuring pieces of costumes worn on screen during Smallville: Season Six. (11 cards inserted approximately 1:36 packs) - T-shirt worn by Tom Welling as Clark Kent, Top worn by Kristen Kreuk as Lana Lang, Shirt worn by Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor, Top worn by Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan, Jacket worn by Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Sweater worn by Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Shirt worn by Aaron Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen, Shirt worn by Kyle Gallner as Bart Allen/Impulse, Shirt worn by Lynda Carter as Moira Sullivan, Jacket worn by Tori Spelling as Linda Lake, Shirt worn by Phil Morris as John Jones/Martian Manhunter
- JUSTICE - A nine card puzzle featuring Clark Kent and the other future heroes! (9 different cards - inserted approximately 1:11 packs).
- THE POWERS THAT BE - Six cards that present spectacular images of Clark Kent's extraordinary abilities. (6 different cards - inserted approximately 1:17 packs).
- ARCHER'S QUEST - Three cards showcasing the exciting Season Six debut of Smallville's newest hero, "The Green Arrow'! (3 different cards - inserted approximately 1:35 packs).
- THE WRATH OF ZOD - A special case loader card. (1 card - 1 per shipping case).
- ALLIANCE FOR JUSTICE - RETAILER PRE-ORDER INCENTIVE - two unique, puzzle autograph cards featuring the memorable "heroes-in-costume shot" from the "Justice" episode. Each card includes TWO autographs.
- Card AJ-A features autographs from Justin Hartley as Green Arrow AND Kyle Gallner as Impulse.
- Card AJ-B features autographs from Alan Ritchson as Aquaman AND Lee Thompson Young as Cyborg.
- Uncut Mini-Press Sheet "JUSTICE" - Only 199 nine-card uncut and sequentially-numbered limited edition mini-press sheets will be available.
- SMALLVILLE SEASON 6 Collector Album
Smallville: Season Five (Inworks)
- DC: Legacy (Rittenhouse Archives)
Released in September 2007. The 50-card set presents the first DC Comics Trading Card Set to feature SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, GREEN LANTERN, FLASH, AQUAMAN, and other legendary DC characters as they have appeared in comic books from the 1930s to the present:
- SKETCH CARDS - Each box of this ground-breaking series will contain ONE hand-drawn colored Sketch Card - a first for any DC trading card series!
- Insert Sets - 50 Gold Parallel Cards (1:6 packs). 9 First Title Covers (1:12 packs) - First Title Cover issues of BATMAN, SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN, FLASH and others. 9 DC Gallery (1:24 packs) - Showcasing the artwork of Alex Ross. 6 Legendary Heroes (1:48 packs) - Your favorite heroes in lenticular motion!
- Each case includes an exclusive autograph card signed by Denny O'Neil.
- For every 3 cases purchased, you will receive a one-of-a-kind hand-drawn regular sized sketch card from industry legend Nick Cardy or Luis Dominguez.
- For every 9 cases purchased, you will receive a one-of-a-kind hand-drawn and colored sketch card by artist Cat Staggs or Mark Spears on an oversized 5"x7" sketch board.
- Fans and collectors will also be able to store their collection in a custom designed collector's album which contains an exclusive autograph card signed by Joe Kubert as well as an exclusive promo card.
- Set Configuration - 4 Cards Per Pack. 24 Packs Per Box. 12 Boxes Per Case
Released in January 2007. The 90-card set includes episodic coverage and much more! Plus randomly inserted bonus cards:
- AUTOGRAPH CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Autographed cards from eleven stars of Smallville. For images of the autograph cards, click here (11 different cards, inserted approximately 1:36 packs): James Marsters - Professor Milton Fine/Brainiac, Tom Wopat - Senator Jack Jennings, Alan Ritchson - Arthur Curry, Alisen Down - Lillian Luthor, Denise Quinones - Andrea Rojas/Vigilante, Rekha Sharma - Dr. Harden, Lee Thompson Young - Victor Stone, Johnny Lewis - Gabriel Duncan, Nichole Hiltz - Simone, Jerry Wasserman - Dr. Yaeger Scanlan, Brooke Nevin - Buffy Sanders
- PIECEWORKS® CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Ten different cards featuring costumes worn on-screen during Smallville: Season Five. Click Here for images of the Pieceworks cards. (10 different cards, inserted approximately 1:36 packs): Clark - T-shirt, Lex - Shirt, Lana - Jacket, Chloe - Dress, Lois - Jacket, Jonathan - Shirt, Martha - Sweater, Lionel - Shirt, Professor Fine - Shirt, Jack Jennings - Shirt
- TRIANGLES - Nine card foil puzzle (9 cards - inserted approximately 1:11 packs)
- THE PRICE OF LIFE - Six foil cards (6 cards - inserted approximately 1:17 packs)
- ALSO - Three box loaders "Vengeance from Krypton" (3 cards that spell out "ZOD" - 1 per display box) and one special case loader "Banished" (1 card - 1 per case).
- FRIENDS - Retailer Multi-Case Pre-Order Incentive Cards: Two puzzle Pieceworks® Cards (PW-11A & PW-11B) featuring John Schneider (Jonathan Kent) and Tom Wopat (Jack Jennings).
- Uncut Mini-Press Sheet "TRIANGLES": Only 199 nine-card uncut and sequentially-numbered limited edition mini-press sheets will be available.
- SMALLVILLE: SEASON FIVE Collector Album
- Superman Returns (Topps)
Released in May 2006, the 3-phase program consists of the following merchandise:
- Tattoos - 50 Superman tattoos to collect & wear! Plus 1 piece of bubblegum!
- Movie Cards - 90 Action-Packed Cards celebrating the Man of Steel's triumphant return to the big screen!
- Character Cards
- Storyline Cards
- Behind-the-scenes Cards
- Retail Special Inserts - Magnets (odds 1:12), Stickers (odds 1:6), and Embossed Foil Cards (odds 1:12)
- Hobby Special Inserts - Authentic Autographs (odds: TBD) - Brandon Routh (Superman), Kevin Spacey (Lex Luthor), Kate Bosworth (Lois Lane), Sam Huntington (Jimmy Olsen), James Marsden (Richard White), Parker Posey (Kitty Kowalski)
- Memorabilia Cards (odds 1: TBD)
- Embossed Foil Cards (odds 1:12)
- Tins - 6 Collectible Superman Tins
- Exclusive Tin Lid Cards
- Exclusive Tin Story Cards
- 35 Movie Cards in every Tin
|Topps Superman Returns Movie Cards
||Topps Superman Returns Autograph Card
||Topps Superman Returns Tattoos
|Topps Superman Returns Magnet
||Topps Superman Returns Sticker
||Topps Superman Returns Tins
- Smallville: Season Four (Inworks)
Released on October 19, 2005. Look for complete episodic coverage and character cards in this 90-card set, as well as new subsets. Also look for exciting bonus cards:
- AUTOGRAPH CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Nine different autographed cards inserted approximately 1:36 packs:
- Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor)
- Erica Durance (Lois Lane)
- Margot Kidder (Bridgett Crosby & Lois Lane in the Superman films!)
- Sarah Carter (Alicia Baker)
- Peyton List (Lucy Lane)
- Jonathan Bennett (Kevin Grady)
- Rob Freeman (Coach Quigley)
- Kyle Gallner (Bart Allen & Kid Flash for Superman fans!)
- Trent Ford (Mikhail Mxyzptlk - Future Superman foe!)
- PIECEWORKS® CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Seven different cards featuring show-worn costumes. Inserted approximately 1:36 packs:
- Clark (Tom Welling) - Shirt
- Lana (Kristin Kreuk) - Skirt
- Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) - Shirt
- Lois (Erica Durance) - T-Shirt
- Jason (Jensen Ackles) - T-Shirt
- Genevieve (Jayne Seymour) - Jacket
- Bridgette (Margot Kidder) - Suit Pants
- 9-CARD FOIL PUZZLE - "LOIS AND CLARK" Inserted approximately 1:11 packs
- 6 FOIL CARDS - "SWITCHCRAFT" - inserted approximately 1:17 packs.
- PLUS - 3 BOX LOADER CARDS & A SPECIAL CASE LOADER CARD ADD TO THE COLLECTIBILITY!
- "LOIS AND CLARK" - A nine-card foil and embossed puzzle. Inserted approximately 1:11 packs.
- "SWITCHCRAFT" - Six foil cards inserted approximately 1:17 packs.
- PLUS - Three Box Loader Cards and a Special Case Loader Card!
- Smallville: Season Three (Inworks)
Released on October 20, 2004. Complete episodic coverage and character cards in this 90-card set, as well as new subsets "Lionel's Obsession," "Family Secrets," "The Legend of Krypton" and more. Also look for exciting bonus cards:
- AUTOGRAPH CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Nine different autographed cards including: Camille Mitchell (Sheriff Nancy Adams), Felecia Bell-Schafer (Judge Abigail Ross), Jesse Metcalfe (Van McNulty), Jonathan Taylor Thomas (Ian Randall), William B. Davis (Mayor Tate), Adrianne Palicki (Kara), Teryl Rothery (Real Estate Agent), Neil Flynn (Pete Dinsmore), and Michael McKean (Perry White). Inserted approximately 1:36 packs.
- 7 PIECEWORKSR CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Featuring show-worn costumes from Clark (Tom Welling), Lex (Michael Rosenbaum), Lana (Kristin Kreuk), Pete (Sam Jones III), Chloe (Allison Mack), Martha Kent (Annette O'Toole), and Jonathan (John Schneider)!
- 9-CARD FOIL AND EMBOSSED PUZZLE - "GENERATIONS". Inserted approximately 1:11 packs
- 6 FOIL CARDS - "DEPARTURES" - inserted approximately 1:17 packs.
- 3 BOX LOADER CARDS & A SPECIAL CASE LOADER CARD ADD TO THE COLLECTIBILITY!
- Smallville: Season Two (Inkworks)
Released on October 22, 2003. Complete episodic coverage and character cards in this 90-card set, as well as new subsets "Buried Secrets", "Family Ties" and "Ship from Space." Also look for exciting randomly inserted bonus cards including:
- AUTOGRAPH CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Ten autographers confirmed to date (autographed cards inserted approximately 1:36 packs): Annette O'Toole - Martha Kent, Sam Jones III - Pete, John Glover - Lionel Luthor, Sarah-Jane Redmond - Nell, Tom O'Brien - Roger Nixon, Emmanuelle Vaugier - Dr. Helen Bryce, Jason Connery - Dominic Sanatori, Patrick Cassidy - Henry Small, Richard Moll - Mr. Moore, Gwynyth Walsh - Mrs. Moore
- PIECEWORKSTM CARDS - ONE PER BOX! Eight different cards featuring show-worn costumes (8 different cards, inserted approximately 1:36 packs). PW1 - Shirt worn by Tom Welling as Clark Kent in "Exodus", PW2 - Jacket worn by Kristin Kreuk as Lana Lang in "Accelerate", PW3 - Dress worn by Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan in "Exodus", PW4 - Shirt worn by Sam Jones III as Pete Ross in "Redux", PW5 - Shirt worn by Annette O'Toole as Martha Kent in "Witness", PW6 - Shirt worn by John Schneider as Jonathan Kent in "Visage", PW7 - Shirt worn by John Glover as Lionel Luthor in "Suspect", PW8 - Shirt worn by Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor in "Witness".
- "THE DAY IS COMING" - Nine card foil and embossed puzzle. (9 different cards, inserted approximately 1:11 packs).
- "TILL DEATH DO US PART" - Six foil cards. (6 different cards, inserted approximately 1:17 packs).
- "SEARCH FOR KRYPTONTM" - Three box loader cards (3 different cards, 1 per sealed display box).
- "THE KEY" - One special octagonal die-cut case loader card (1 card, 1 per sealed case).
- COLLECTOR ALBUM: The most attractive way to store your Smallville: Season Two collection is with a premium printed and padded vinyl binder.
- "THE DAY IS COMING" 9-CARD UNCUT MINI PRESS SHEET: Only 299 sequentially numbered sheets available. Sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Justice League (Inkworks)
Released on June 25, 2003. All the non-stop super hero excitement of the Justice League is captured in this 81-card premium trading card set from Inkworks. The base set includes: Greatest Battles, "Allies and Enemies," "The Origin of the Justice League" and more. Also includes randomly inserted bonus cards including:
- Autograph Card: Bruce Timm - Justice League Producer and Designer.
- Sketch Cards: Individually drawn, original sketches from the following Justice League animation artists: Sung-Man Huh, Jin-Seok Park, Won-Jae Lee, Jong-Myung Bae, and Byung-Gi Lee.
- Friends and Foes Cards: 18 foil cards to collect featuring the friends and foes of the Justice League.
- World's Greatest Heroes: 9-card foil puzzle.
- ActionWorks Cards: Seven cards that showcase each of your favorite Justice League heroes with lenticular zoom action!
- ActionWorks Case Loader: A special lenticular card featuring all of the Justice League heroes on one card.
- Justice League Promo Cards: Superman (1 of 7), Batman (2 of 7), Wonder Woman (3 of 7), The Flash (4 of 7), Green Lantern (5 of 7), Hawkgirl (6 of 7), and Martian Manhunter (7 of 7).
- Smallville: Season One (Inkworks)
Released on November 13, 2002. 81-card set that captures all of the action and intrigue of the first season storyline, including Episode Cards, Character Cards, Wall of Weird Cards, and other cool subsets. Also includes randomly inserted bonus cards including:
- Smallville High: A 9-card foil puzzle featuring Clark, Lex, Lana, and the gang. Inserted approximately 1:11 packs.
- Spring Formal: Six cards featuring your favorite characters in their formal dance attire. Inserted approximately 1:17 packs.
- Pieceworks Cards: Four different cards embedded with Clark's t-shirt, Lana's jeans, Pete's shirt and Jonathan's plaid shirt.
- Autograph Cards: Six different autographed cards (to be announced).
- Smallville: Season One Preview Set (Inkworks)
Special 9-card Preview set was released on July 31, 2002. Only 2,500 made available world-wide. The set includes a title/cast card and 8 cards featuring the main characters from the show: Clark, Lana, Lex, Chloe, Pete, Whitney, Martha, and Jonathan.
PR-1 Title Card - Smallville Cast
PR-2 Clark Kent
PR-3 Lana Lang
PR-4 Lex Luthor
PR-5 Pete Ross
PR-6 Chloe Sullivan
PR-7 Whitney Forman
PR-8 Jonathan Kent
PR-9 Martha Kent
PR-1 Foil Version - San Diego Exclusive Foil-Topped Preview Set (600 numbered sets). Card PR-1 is printed on foil. Available at 2002 San Diego Comic Con.
There were also some Smallville promo cards created (e.g. SM1-SD, which were given out at the San Diego Comic Con 2002 to promote the full "Smallville: Season One" set) as well as cards created for other products (e.g. A1-A3 which were included with Smallville Action Figures).
- Superman Action Packs (Fleer/Skybox)
Each pack has several types of cards creating with 36 types of card faces, plus 4 types of Superman gum
12 Brainiac Attack Game cards
12 Pop-out cards
6 Puzzle cards
6 Coloring cards
Tie-in with the Superman animated series.
- Kingdom Come Extra (Fleer/Skybox)
50 Cards - art by Alex Ross, text by Mark Waid
3 Kingdom Classics (1:9)
6 Alex Ross Original Pieces (1:9)
and autographed cards (1:180)
Limited Edition of 20,000 numbered Boxes tie-in to the 1996 4-part Elseworlds Kingdom Come mini-series, featuring Superman.
- Superman Holo Series (Fleer/Skybox)
50 basic cards, all holograms
4 HoloAction Cards (1:3)
1 HoloCel Card (1:36)
- Outburst: DC FirePower (Fleer/Skybox)
80 Cards, embossed
12 Maximum Firepower
Superman, Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman promo cards
Main File - #1 Superman
#40 The Cyborg
#50 Lex Luthor
Maximum Firepower - #3, 6, 16, 20 Superman
- Amalgam (DC/Marvel) (Fleer/Skybox)
9 card Crisis of the Infinity Hour set
9 card Power Blast set
6 Pixel Holograms
Dark Claw promo card
Based on the Amalgam comics published as part of the 4 issue DC vs. Marvel mini-series. The Amalgam Comics series included Super-Soldier which combined Superman and Marvel's Captain America.
- DC vs Marvel (Fleer/Skybox)
18 card Impact set of painted and embossed cards(1:4)
includes #11 Supergirl
12 card Holo/FX set featuring recrops of the Rivalries subset (1:12)
includes #6 Superman vs. Hulk, #11 Spider-Man vs. Superboy
2 card Mirage set featuring lenticular images (1:360)
includes #1 Superboy/Spider-Man
The 100 cards feature five subsets and a checklist card. The three subsets are DC Heroes (12), Marvel Heroes (12), Rivals (11), Hero vs. Hero (16), and Hero vs. Villain (15). On the backs are comments by reporters Clark Kent and Peter Parker.
Cards include: #1 Superman vs. Hulk
#49 Lex Luthor
#62 Steel vs. Iron Man
#73 Spider-Man vs. Superboy
#80 Superman vs. Juggernaut
#81 Absorbing Man vs. Steel
#93 Doctor Doom vs. Cyborg
#97 Kingpin vs. Lex Luthor
- Powerchrome: DC Legends '95 (Fleer/SkyBox)
18 card Hard Hitters set (1:2)
6 card Battlezone set (1:12)
3 card Legacy set (1:36)
This is a general card set of DC Comics superheroes.
- DC Villains: The Dark Judgement (Fleer/SkyBox)
Text written by Roger Stern.
9 foil Spectra-Etch cards: Gathering of Evil
3 foil embossed cards: Villains Attack
1 SkyMotion Card (Two-Face)
This set corresponds with the comicbook mini-series Underworld Unleashed and depicts many supervillains. A sequel set DC Villains II: Underworld from SkyBox has more chase cards: 9 Spectra-Etch puzzle cards, 3 foil-embossed cards, and a redemption for new comic art SkyMotion card.
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (SkyBox)
6 Shield Tattoos(1:1)
6 Holochip set BJ with art by Boris Vallejo and Julia Bell (1:12)
9 Diffuser foil cards L&C1-9 (1:7) - creates a picture on the backs
Lois & Clark collectors pin (1/2" x 1/2")
3 Promo cards (NSU-1, LC-1)
This set is based on the Lois & Clark television show.
- Superman: Man of Steel (SkyBox)
Text written by Superman writer Roger Stern.
- Platinum Series
Four Bonus Silver or Gold Cards: Forged In Steel
FS1 Element 126
FS2 Heroes Three!
FS3 Showdown with Doomsday
FS4 Man of Tomorrow
2-card Promotional Sheet
Promo Card SP1
4 Forged in Steel prototypes
- Collectors Edition
Six Spectra-Etch cards:
S1 Immovable Object
S2 Laughing Off Lightning
S5 Unstoppable Force
S6 Earth's Champion
Promo card SC1
On the front are paintings by various artists. The text on the back recounts Superman's origins as described in John Byrne's The Man of Steel series, Superman's powers, and an overview of his career from his debut to his meeting the villain Conduit.
- DC Master Series (SkyBox)
90 Cards including these Superman related cards:
#6 Lex Luthor II
#7 The Eradicator
4 foil card set (1:18)
5 Dual-edged Spectra-Etch cards (1:36) including:
Superman SkyDisk (SD2) (1:240)
6 Promo Cards including:
2 4-card Promo sheets
A general series covering DC Comics characters with painted portraits on the front, and descriptive text on the back.
- The Return of Superman (SkyBox)
Text written by Superman writer/artist Dan Jurgens.
100 Cards, including checklist
Four Bonus Cards:
SP1 The Adventures of Superman!
SP2 Superman in Action!
SP3 Superman - The Man of Steel!
Return of Superman #0 promo card
This set was released to correspond with the Reign of the Supermen comics storyline, which followed the Death of Superman and Funeral for a Friend storylines. The 99 common cards feature art from the comics, and text telling the story on the backs.
- DC Bloodlines (SkyBox)
#5 Man of Steel
#14 Man of Tomorrow
#23 Last Son of Krypton
4 Card Superman Embossed Set
Superman Redemption Card.
- DC Cosmic Team (SkyBox)
150 Cards, including two checklist cards.
The set includes these Superman related cards:
#131 Luthor II
6 hologram card set including:
9 Promo cards
A general set covering DC Comics characters with illustrations on the front, and text on the packs. Some of the card fronts have pictures that fit together to make a larger group picture.
- Doomsday: The Death of Superman (SkyBox - formerly Impel)
90 Cards, plus checklist card
Nine Subset Cards: Funeral for a Friend (C1-C9)
Two double-sided Bleeding "S", foil-stamped puzzle piece cards (F1,F2)
Four Spectra-Etched motion cards
3 promo cards (#0,00,000)
This set was released to correspond with the Death of Superman comics storyline when Superman appeared to die after defeating the monster Doomsday. The 90 common cards feature art from the comics, with text telling the story on the backs. The Funeral for a Friend cards have on the front covers from that comic story, while the backs have art which when placed together creates the funeral poster included in the bagged Superman #75.
- DC Cosmic Cards (Impel)
10 hologram (chase) cards including:
DCH1 Clark Kent and Lois Lane
4-Card Promo sheet
5 card promotional set
This set broadly covered DC Comics superheroes.
Both sets based upon the Supergirl movie.
- Supergirl (Topps)
- Supergirl (Nabisco)
Superman III (Topps)
Released corresponding to the Superman III movie.
- Superman II (Topps)
Released corresponding to the Superman II movie.
- DC (Nature Made)
General DC Comics set.
- Superman - The Movie (Topps)
88 Cards [numbered 78-165 continuing from 1978's Series 1]
10 foil stickers
Note: See the complete collection online
- Superman - The Movie (Drake's Cakes)
24 Cards, inserted in Drake food packages.
- Superman - The Movie (Weston Foods)
- Superman - The Movie (Topps)
6 foil stickers
Note: See the complete collection online
- Super Heroes (Sunbeam/Taystee)
30 sticker set inserted in food packages, featuring Superman and other DC Comics heroes.
Superman in the Jungle (US test set and then British A&BC)
The English set has cards slightly smaller than in the test set releashed in the U.S.A.
The English set is more common than the test set.
66 Cards, black & white pictures on the front
44 Card test set
Featuring pictures from the Adventures of Superman television show.
Superman (Leader Novelty)
48 Cards, sized 3 2/8" x 2 7/8" cut out from a candy box.
Superman (Gum Inc.)
Reprinted in 1984 by WTW.